For the 2013-2014 season, the Powerstrikers
will have 2 high school age girls team, 2 U14 girls teams and 1
U10 girls team playing in the Illinois Women’s Soccer League (IWSL),
as well as a U13 boys team, and 2 high school boys teams playing
in the Northern Illinois Soccer League (NISL). All Powerstriker Coaches are USSF licensed.
If your child is interested in playing for a High Schoool Boys team in the Sping of 2014, please see the tryout info below:
- Try-Outs will be held on two consecutive days:
- Saturday, Nov. 9th, 12:00-3:00pm at River Park turf field, (N.E. corner Albany and Argyle) and
- Sunday Nov. 10th, 10:00am-12:00pm at Northeastern Illinois University (N.W. corner of Foster)
- Players are highly encouraged to attend both try-out sessions.
- We will field two teams for participation in the NISL’s Platinum or Gold Division.
- Both teams will have 3 practices per week from March-June: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday morning.
- Teams will play 8 regular season games and 2 tournaments.
- Cost will be approximately $550.00.
- Practices and home games will be at Northeastern Illinois University.
- There will be an opportunity to play and practice in a Winter Soccer League.
- The teams will play 2-3 times per week from November to February.
- The anticipated cost will be an additional $250.00.
COACHINGPhillips George, former Nigerian professional and Junior National Team player, will be head coach, with managerial and coaching assistance from Bill Kindra (9-yr PSSC Coach), Hasnain Jetha (8-yr PSSC Coach), and Patrick Johnson (9-yr PSSC Coach). and St. Louis). Contact Patrick Johnson at (312-371-5286), or Bill Kindra at (773.218.7274) for questions.